Unable to control my Keba P30 x-series

Antworten
Sceppi

Unable to control my Keba P30 x-series

Beitrag von Sceppi »

Writing this in English as I'm not a native German speaker.

My Keba P30 x-series has arrived, and I was anxious to use OpenWB to control the wallbox.
Unfortunately I'm unable to control the wallbox through open WB. Under Ladeparameter in openWB I can see how much is charged in Watt, so there is a communication. However, when I press "stop" or "Sofort Laden" or any other action, the wallbox does not respond. It's like there is a communication, but the wallbox does not let itself be regulated.

What I have done so far:
- The Keba is connected through LAN
- Dip switches are correctly configured as far as I can tell. i.e: 1.3 is ON (smart home interface), as well as 2.5 (Communication in the charging network is enabled)
- Upgraded my firmware to the latest version (1.12.1)
- I can reach and control the wallbox though the web interface
- Modulkonfiguration Ladepunkte: Keba, with IP address pointing to the Keba wallbox

I've read that port 502 should be open for Modbus communication. This does not seem to be the case. When I go to port.log in ramdisk I see the following error message: "sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified"
There is also no keba_setcurr.log file in the Ramdisk.
The only files I can see related to Keba are keballlr2lp1, keballlr2xlp1, keballlr3lp1, keballlr3xlp1

I've read that the German version of the Keba does not work, however this is not the version that I have. I have the regular Keba P30 x-series (KeContact P30 x-series 105.155)

I'm out of ideas, any help is appreciated!
okaegi

Re: Unable to control my Keba P30 x-series

Beitrag von okaegi »

Hi,
Well the keba seems not to open port 502, atrached you see my dip switches setting and my installed softwareversion. I have one keba -x
Please check this against your installation, in case you still have problems, please show me all parameters. Which openWb version do you have ? Is it self installed ?
Otherwise while i read your total description it could be this:
The port.log should have some message like this:
01/23/2022, 18:00:46 check502.py ipadr 192.168.1.241 Port 502 is open
Based on the message below i would assume that your openWB setup is not complete:

I've read that port 502 should be open for Modbus communication. This does not seem to be the case. When I go to port.log in ramdisk I see the following error message: "sudo: no tty present and no askpass program specified

Regards Oliver
Dateianhänge
Screenshot_20220210-065805_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20220210-065847_Chrome.jpg
Entwickler- openWB (ehrenamtlich) / Feedback zu Funktionen immer erwünscht..
Smarthomeprobleme siehe hier (update :!: ): viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5923
Sceppi

Beitrag von Sceppi »

Hi Oliver,

Thanks for your quick reply. See screenshots below for my openwb and Keba configuration.
I'm running Openwb on a RPI 3B+. I re-installed my pi just before installing openWB and am running Raspbian Stretch on it. I followed the installation steps on github for the installation.

version.png
DSW settings.png
openwb_systeminfo.png
openwb_ladepunkte.png
Sceppi

Beitrag von Sceppi »

OK, seems I found the issue!

I reinstalled my RPI. Previously I had created a new user under which I had installed openwb.
This time, I installed openWB using the default pi user.
As far as I can tell, the wallbox is reacting now (but difficult to test since my battery is full :? )
In any case, the port.log is reporting an open 502 port and I see keba_setcurr.log in the ramdisk.

Even though I had given sudo rights to the new user in my initial install, it seems that this new user probably didn't have all the access rights as required. At least I think that's what the issue was.

Thanks for the support. Your reply "i would assume that your openWB setup is not complete" triggered me to reinstall, and that worked :-)
okaegi

Beitrag von okaegi »

Thanks for posting the solution,
Oliver
Entwickler- openWB (ehrenamtlich) / Feedback zu Funktionen immer erwünscht..
Smarthomeprobleme siehe hier (update :!: ): viewtopic.php?f=14&t=5923
Antworten